Thursday, September 10, 2015

SAN FRANCISCO

Just last week, I was free cruising through the streets of San Francisco with a cold brew on my left and a good friend on my right [photo genius Hannah Love Yoon, website here]. Life was spontaneous in every way and company was so refreshing, fun, and ridiculously satisfying. It was also absurdly chilly at night, so much so that I find this LA heat a very troublesome adjustment. 99 degrees today, Lord help me.

Hannah and I spent a considerable amount of time outside of the actual city venturing out into areas like Oakland and Walnut Creek. During the last leg of our trip however we made it out to the very anticipated cosmopolitan city. Initial thoughts? Eclectic and seemingly yuppie. At first, I couldn't help but make a lot of connections to Chicago in regards to the instinctive vibes downtown. But, I thrived on the contrast between the innovative energy that was gushing through the city streets by day and the hair-raising calm of the vista points by night. When you live in San Francisco for a while, I can see how the sights become overlooked, but I couldn't and wouldn't get past it. My eyes were feasting off the beauty of the pastels that the high inclined roads provided for us during our drives. And, the moment that literally took my breathe away — the golden gate bridge from Battery Spencer blanketed with the stars. 

Here's one of our day in a life travel escapades on Friday, September 4, 2015 

PLACES:

-Painted ladies
-Matching Half Cafe
-NOPA district
-Haight-Ashbury
-El techo de Lolinda
  

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had spent more time in SF. I feel like the couple days I was there was not enough! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on LA, queen.

    ReplyDelete