Tuesday, September 29, 2015

INSTALIFE

SEPTEMBER 2015

I would often catch myself singing, or rather thinking — "wake me up when September ends." 





And so the story goes, it is certainly one thing to dream and another to receive the manifestation of them. I can dream for days and take the heat of patience without complaint. Remaining in the place of 'desire' where things are hazy and out of reach is quite a familiar, almost comfortable place to be. But then September came around like a one-in-twelve oddball and completely threw things off. 

My days go a little something like this: I wake up, make breakfast, spend necessary time with Jesus, drive an hour through the most terrible noontime traffic, take classes, eat salad in between, drive home, wash up (and at this point mind you, I am fighting the monstrous urge to eat a bowl of rice+kimchee) and then go to sleep. On weekends I'll make it a point to rest and do anything but dance. Arts District and Tarpits Festival have been fun, but straying from dance hasn't come all too easily since my mind is hardly at ease. Indeed I am living a dream.

This morning I woke up to be reminded of a prayer spoken over me before I left. "New thinking, new possibilities." (Jensen Yap!) I am certainly learning the art of letting go, the beauty of being loved, and most importantly fabrication of the system that is so much bigger and higher than me or anything of the world. As of monday there has been a mental shift, and I am expecting big things in October. After all, it is my last month as a 26 year old teetering in the mid twenties, and God knows I plan to exit with a bang. I hope you all have enjoyed this month as much as I have. Now October, come at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment