Saturday, September 12, 2015

GOLDEN GATE

While I was in the Bay, someone described the Golden Gate Bridge as "Majestic." And I can attest to the fact that it was just that.
I feel a shortage of words as I attempt to untangle this verbal knot. It's so much more than what my 3rd grade textbook said about it, that's for sure. I think it sits over the waters to represent the unfathomable and the grandiose. And in one glance, it quickly puts the menial and the mundane into perspective. It is glorious and serene. And Karl, good old Karl the fog, beautifully embraces its existence to create powerful aesthetic for San Francisco and all who travel far and wide to see it.



And with that, I leave you with a song: 

Your love's not fractured
It's not a troubled mind
It isn't anxious
It's not the restless kind
Your love's not passive
It's never disengaged
It's always present
It hangs on every word we say
Love keeps its promises
It keeps its word
It honors what's sacred
Because it's vows are good
Your love's not selfish
Your love is pure


Photos: Hannah Love Yoon (check out her photos here)

No comments:

Post a Comment