Sunday, October 18, 2015

UNEARTHING


LA, you have a charm to you. Beneath the shiny surface that seems awfully impenetrable and cheap, there is this rich profundity that I am slowly coming to unearth. Today more than ever, I realize the shortness of time that lies for me ahead and it makes me incredibly sad. Can the weeks be extended? That is a question from the heart because oh man, I have finally adjusted to this place.
 
Today I frolicked around the LACMA and The Farmer's market amidst beautiful works of art and a bizarre amount of food. Coming home with stomach wholly satiated in a plate of Brazilian BBQ was certainly a different kind of evening. Yesterday was no different in all joyous occasion, but with health-conscious choices of course. 

Friday's "Ostrich Farm" in Echo Park was perfectly savory and on par with my tastes. The uptown+minimalistic features of the neat space made it even better as always. And more importantly, sitting across the prized encourager and now jet-setter (slash partial hipster, ha!) Brady Miller really reeled in some peace + familiarity. Words on authenticity, traveling, long-term visions and the sharing of God-ordained processes is always gratifying, but it is exceptionally meaningful when it is with Brady. Being moved to tears in front of another person while talking about the things on my heart? Well, thats been a while. What an amazing weekend so far. With absolutely no time to waste, I am pairing excellence with enjoyment, enjoyment with excellence, and taking it step by step.

No comments:

Post a Comment