Saturday, October 24, 2015

RESOLVE


Oct 18 - 24th 2015




I've had quite an eventful week. I hope I'm not being too dramatic when I say that I've hit some euphoric highs (in dance class) and then dipped into some rocky lows (in introspection). Though the contrast has been stark, my inner man has been, to say the least, gliding in peace and satisfaction. In addition, the simple "I love you" from my sister on friday night + the conversations with people who matter have made even the difficult moments a delight in disguise. The only thing missing in my life: live music. Anyone know of some good spots?

In all that, I've made some resolves. I'll share one. The book "Boundaries" by Henry Cloud, reiterates over and over again that good boundaries help us distinguish our property parameters so that we can take ownership of the things we are responsible for. I am realizing the blurriness of where my responsibility for me begins and where my responsibility for others ends. It has caused me to overextend my ample empathy on people, words, and relationships that do not deserve my attention. Some of us have the disposition to take each word hurled at us far too weightily... um, yes that would be me. And so, as badass as it may appear to be, I've taken it upon myself to do some heavy haul abandoning. Lets cut out the BS in our lives, yeah? It is indeed liberating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment