Saturday, August 1, 2015

CONFESSIONS

I definitely have my moments of frustrations with Seoul over some (fairly) trivial matters. Last week for instance, I was walking home from a dance class saturated in sweat and I couldn't help but curse — okay, profusely curse — the weather for its heinous humidity. The humidity right now....it's mad. It makes me mad, it makes people mad, and it creates an assembly of individuals that are forever on edge. (Trust me, pedestrian rage is a real thing come end of July). But again, these are trivial matters. The the bigger issues of cultural differences, the hitches and hurdles that stem from Confucian mindsets are the things that become more problematic for any analyzer. But still yet, the pros beat the odds.

The point of this post is to make things clear: I love Seoul. It took me three awfully long years to come to a place of peace and love for this complicated city. A real supernatural change of heart I'd say. (Jesus is is real!) Gratitude has led to contentment and contentment to dawning admiration. There is a momentum of innovation sweeping through this city. People possess urge to pioneer the unknown, to step out of the systematic hierarchy that has been long implemented into society. Koreans are so brave, the expats and natives alike. And all which was once distastefully overwhelming has all of a sudden become an engine of inspiration and food for my soul. Seoul, you are an upstream battle sometimes, really, but thank you for keeping me on my toes. I have 3 weeks left before departing stateside and I will very intentionally be putting myself in unfamiliar places to wander and indulge. Watch me soak.

Here are some noteworthy moments from my busy, satisfying month:








6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And i love miss kate kim! It's quite encouraging reading comments on the blog portal : ) hehe thank you!

      Delete
  2. We've got it my girl! Loved this post. Your written voice is honey.

    Mariyah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. How not to love Seoul. How not to love your post. I've been waiting for this one. Where are you heading to? Have a nice day ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lore, I'll be heading to the states for 3 months at the end of this month!

      Delete