Monday, November 17, 2014

CHICAGO . 1














It's a funny thing how it is when you come to a place called home. No matter how long you've been gone, it almost seems as if you hop right back on where you left off....minus the fact that I'm kind of clueless about all the grown-up areas of exquisite dining and city life that I've yet to explore. (Thank God for  true-Chicagoan friends!) 

Week 1 in Chicago has been fairly low-key. With every year that passes, I feel like the jet lag mountain gets harder to climb. Two days have stretched out into a week of feeling sluggish. But then again weariness never seems to overcome the love and determination I have for good food and fellowship. Never. And so, as much as my physical body has been on the line, I've been having a sweet time. Impressions? I can't say I've been enjoying the weather, hey there polar vortex, it's too cold. Way too cold. But the food is so satisfying and the relationships run deep as ever. Wicker Park, I love you and Chicago downtown you never cease to inspire me. 

It's quite a tease being here for a week and packing my bags to fly out again. Keep up with me as I head out to NYC tomorrow! City of dreams, I am finally coming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment