Saturday, August 9, 2014

KEEP IT REAL



Morning instaquote: "Before I go on and read these freedom pages + indulge in my coffee, let me first make these pieces presentable to the eye and take a photo. Yeah, and what?"

This was mainly referring to a rather humorous / satirical webpage I came across 2 weeks ago titled "What I instagrammed vs. What was really happening, or my entire life is a lie" (link). I know I am not the only one on this earth obsessive enough to play coffee-book-food tetris at cafes and restaurants. There is, I believe, nothing fake or unreal about capturing a moment that has been meticulously (yes — with utmost intention) forged to produce an aesthetic photo. Keep it real? Eating my breakfast burrito over what has now become lukewarm coffee after I've snapped and edited my photo will be the realest it can get. So for my own contentment I will continue to do so, possibly in greater measure now, as long as the lighting and color schemes seem fit. Deuces.

No comments:

Post a Comment