Wednesday, November 11, 2015

DAY 4

A daily journal of my 5 days remaining in Los Angeles.


The highlight of my day was driving to Los Feliz (also known as LA hipsterville) for a long overdue catchup session with my friend Sorah Yang who has been busy traveling the world in pursuit of her dreams. [Can I brag? Let me brag. Check out her youtube channel here]. Sorah and I met at a dance studio in Korea in 2011 when she was an exchange student at KU and I was fresh out of college venturing into adulthood. To think that she has since stepped out of all that is conventional and certain to make life work for her is truly inspiring. It empowers my understanding that if I work hard and give it my all, whatever I will will happen. No plan B. 

Over lunch and board games we caught up and talked about life. Honestly, life seemed so much easier four years ago when we had dance parties in our matching pajamas over some random sleepovers in hongdae. But I'm glad I have someone to share headspace with (it's very rare these days), as well as someone I can look up to and laugh with (also rare). Sorah, here's to growth and the giving of ourselves!

Currently: Listening to Miguel - Leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment