Monday, September 8, 2014

CHUSEOK


It's slightly bizarre how quiet it is in the streets of Seoul today. 



While most Korean natives are reveling in the 5 day weekend with family and, most likely an exquisite blowout feast, many foreigners are probably hanging loose by other means. I was most delighted with the option of sleeping in this morning, and woke up in a glorious daze to realize that I would be work free for the next few days. Praise! 4 out of 5 public establishments are closed today, but when friends are available, it's not too hard to find something to do. We found ourselves a cozy neighborhood locale (the beautifully interiorized Rylynn, which serves coffee, brunch + wine) and de-stressed. Or, at least I did. 


Indeed, the ideation and execution of blogging all excites me so much so that I'll spend my day off working on it. And, since this is a Seoul Delight post, let me just say this: Seoul, we go through ups and downs (and I'll admit, more often than not I make a big fuss about being here). But, today I take delight in your holiday-buzz aroma. I delight in the fog-less air and the silence carried through your still and barren streets. You are quite oddly beautiful today. Tomorrow will be a packed day — enlighten me.

#seouldelight 

No comments:

Post a Comment