Wednesday, April 2, 2014

SOFT TREE & SOCKS









With spring sunshine comes other little life's pleasures, such as, ice cream. Last saturday, I explored the foolproof streets of Hangangjin with a Sel de Guerande cone (pictured above) in my right hand, basking in the 70 degree sunlight. Uncharacteristic for Seoul, March's weather has been quietly impressive. Better yet, the visual excitement from 'A Land' topped it all off because they had these cute pairs of spring socks on display, and I was pretty happy grazing the streets. 

Now about Soft Tree, the buzz on this fairly new establishment had caught my attention last year, but the hurdles of people lined up outside convinced me to believe that the hype was merely an illusion of some special choice, overpriced, desert that was not worth the calories. Seoul is all about chasing fades after all. Yet after every savory meal, the tug for sweets always, always, triumphs, and I found myself standing in line amongst the sea of fad-testers to realize that I had just discovered a new personal indulgence of the season. Blush. That first taste has now led to many to follow—five or six to say the least (all in the past month too), and unashamed I will say, I am hooked. The oddly salty sweet combination drizzled with chocolate, or adorned with crushed spicy coconut, or cotton candy? A delight for spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment